Tomato, zucchini, and potato gratin
A summery potato gratin which can be served as a side dish, or a meal in itself.
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves cut in half
- 500 g general purpose potato in 2-3mm slices
- 1 medium zucchini about 250g, in 2-3mm slices
- 2-4 large ripe tomatoes about 350g
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 50 g grated cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 190degC.
- Coat a dish, approximately 20x30cm, with 1 tbsp oil, and rub with cut garlic.
- Slice potatoes and zucchini into 2-3mm round slices.
- Slice tomatoes into 4-5mm slices
- Arrange potatoes, zucchini, and tomatoes in overlapping layers in the dish
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and sprinkle with thyme.
- Add grated cheese, if using.
- Cover with foil and bake until potatoes are tender, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking until top is golden brown, about another 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.