- 1/2 cup (125ml) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup (220g) raw brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce or stewed apples
- 2 cups (250g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground / grated nutmeg optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- 1/2 cup sultanas optional
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease and flour a 20cm square cake tin.
- Mix olive oil with sugar and applesauce, then beat well.
- Stir in flour and nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Add nuts and sultanas if using, and mix through.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until done.
If you’re more of a chocolate cake kind of person, then take a look at my favourite olive oil chocolate brownie recipe. And if you’re in need of some amazing, flavour filled Tasmanian Extra Virgin Olive Oil to help you with your kitchen experiments, then head over to our online shop – shipping is by Express Post within Australia, so you don’t have to wait long to get it!